Monday, September 2, 2013

Late Weekly Report of Elder Shepard 9/2/13

Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Dear everybody,
 
                       It´s probably been a little more then a month since I´ve written one of these. A lot of stuff has happened and I don´t think I can write it all. I´lll just have to ask forgiveness and keep on going. So these past few weeks I´vee still been in Camocim, beach city thats all about fishing. It´s been hot here but it´s got wind here. There´s been some gang violence around here, but in the farther parts of the city where we don´t usually go. Other then that everything here has been great. 
 
   As missionaries we got out trying to find people to help and teach them about Jesus Christ. There are the people who live here that are members of the church who help the work along here in Camocim. The church is still relatively new, so everyone here is still learning. 
 
   I´ve been here for about 6 months and 3 of those most recent have been with Elder Bird. He´s from Arizona and He´s been on the mission for abput a year and a half. I´m most likley going to be leaving here pretty soon. We switch out every 6 weeks, if we do leave.
 
   These past few weeks we have baptized two new people who have entered the church and are really liking everything. One of them is named Lucas Lima and the other Airton. The both have had a lot of trouble in the past but are doing well. 
 
I supose I´ve run out of time but next week will be longer nad better.
 
Love,
 
       Elder Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment