Monday, September 16, 2013

Jacob letter 9/16/2013

date: Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM
subject: Re: Jacob letter 9/16/2013
 
Dear Mom and Dad,
                                forgive me for the last email. Things got a bit crazy and I ran out of time at the lanhouse. A lot of them don´t function so well. Right now I´m in a city called Parnaiba. I´m in another Branch that has about 90 people that go regularly. I am now with another misionary, called Elder Oliveara. He´s from São Paulo and has about 11 months on the mission. He only speaks Portugese, so I´ve been getting a bit better at speaking. Now that I have 6 months in Brazil, I´m speaking pretty well. There are still a lot of words that I don´t know nad I don´t speak as smothly as i´d like but it going pretty well here.
   I´m feeling pretty well . I´ve got a little problem with my Toenail on my big left toe but I think it´ll be alright. I just need to see a clinic tha can fix it. I´ve been eating ric and beans for every lunch  at the members house. If I want something diferente I have to buy it or make it home. It took  while for my digestive system to adjust, but now I´m used to it. I don´t think I´ll every compain about food ever agin, not that I was ever a picky eater. Last week we had Lazanga. It diferente here in Brazil. It´s made with ham, cheese, the pasta sheets a bit of meat and nothing else.
   I got the câmera charger by the way. It works perfectly.
Here in Parnaiba, the leadership Works and the activities happen. This place is relly great and is how a branch would hope to be. However, there aren´t many investigtores here. The missionaries in the past have knocked all of these doors here around the church and other members, so we working hard at finding News here. Of the few investigators we have, there is a family that are doing great. Their names are Francisco and Maria Jose. They have two kids and would be baptized already if not for the divorce problems that Francisco has with his ex wife. Maria has been Reading the Book of Mormon and they are going to church every sunday. Francisco works outside of the city and is trying really hard to get days off.
   Here on the mission, everyone that doesn´t have a priesthood holder in their house wnts the missionaries to give them blessings. But for me, baptizing and giving the gift of the Holy Ghost is the greatest way I can us my priesthood here. It´s really great to have all the work we´ve done here come to frutation and to also see the changes in the peoples lives here.
  I will have to look at the chart that Emily gave me so I can remember everyones birthdays. It´s pretty cool that Martha got to see James Taylor.   I´m loving it here in Brazil and I´m geting better at speaking everyday. I know that the gospel is helping the people here. It´s allready almost a yer so I think that the next year is going to fly by fast. I love you all and I hope everyone doing well.
Love,
        Jacob 

No comments:

Post a Comment