Monday, September 2, 2013

Jacob letter to Mom 9/2/13

Dear Mom, 

                The unfortunare part about transfers is that the Zone leaders of my area usually call after we do emails. If you semd mail or packages, just send them to the mission home. We get our packages and mail every zone conference. It´s nice and cool latley in about the 80´s. The sun is still always out, so walking in the sun makes it pretty hot. That´s cool that you got to be on TV for a bit. While we study in the house, we use the fans because it´s pretty humid and warm there. Are still teaching the same classes in English? or have you started on others?
 
   Here in Camocim, there are always tons of kids running around outside of schools and in the streets. Most couples that have been together for more then two years seem to usually have a child. A lot of the men here are fishermen or work outside of the city.
 
   I do think sometimes about what I will do when I get back. I know I´m going to find a job as sson as I can and start the 2 years at Harper. After that I´m still not sure. Something in English, Computers or who knows? Something along those lines. 
 
   Speaking of churches, I miss going to our ward. I love the members here, but at times it´s a bit unorganized. It´s still a branch here so they´re still learning. There´s mo choir, but they started a hymn book class to teach people some new songs. We, the missionaries, are working really hard to help with the activities. Do you have any ideas about some activities that don´t cost a lot or any money? That would be great if you have any.
 
   Latley I have been studying in Mosiah chapter 2 through 6. King Benjamins Speech is really good. To be truthfull I had started memorizing scriptures in english in the beginning, but now I try to memorize where the scripture is and the main idea of it. The importance to me is to get the key words and phrases that will help the person understand. I ´m not sure where    I´d find poems. The charger hasn´t come yet, but packeges sometimes take a while. When you send stuff in packages, you should put pictues of Jesus or Mary, the Mother of Jesus on all sides. It´ll help stop people from stealing things from them. 
 
I love you both,
 
                     Elder Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment