Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Weekly Report of Elder Jacob Shepard 7-2-14

Dear Family and Friends,
                  It´s been a while since I´ve written one of these, but I´ve neglected my emails toeverybody. So, is an update for you guys. I am here in a town called Caxias. It´s a little town in the middle of the forest. It´s onlyabout 2 or less hours from Terezina, but it´s pretty separeted from the world. It´s pretty hilly here and it´s about 80 to 95 degrees everyday and it will only get hotter through the year. It´s funny, because these hills, heat and walking have done a lot to me. I´ve lost 50 pounds and I have the worst farmer´s tan you every saw.
   As a missionary,my purpose here is to teach people about Jesus Christ and how as he has done in the past, he has established his Church on the church again. The same organization of Prophets and Apostles is on the earth again. I talk with people about what they believe in and do, and I hsow how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change a persons life. It´s hard work because of the heat, the effort we do to help the person make good choices and how half the time, people don´t want anything to do with God. With our lives we decide what to do and what to follow. When a person does try to make life better, it can really happen, as I have made a lot of personal progress here in the Brasilian heat.
   Here are some pictures too of a crazy Jesus March witha lot of evangelical bands screaming on the streets. The other two are of me and two other missionaries in my zone, or group of missionaries. Write any questions you guys have and I´ll keep writing.
Sincerly,
             Jacob  
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment