Wednesday, July 16, 2014

letter from Jacob 7-16-14

Dear Dad,
              How´s life going? Have you kicked your job´s butt yet? These hills here are kicking mine a bit. Our district is pretty diverse here. Our district leader had some problems with everyone because he came from a family very different from us. It got pretty bad for a week or two, but after we sat down and talked it over, whatever bitterness or contention we had is mostly gone. On the mission I think you learn how to work hard while your exhausted, spiritually, mentally and physically. I´ve learned how to plan better, help others who are different from me and I´ve learned about who I am as a child of God. I really love the work out here and I´m gratful for this chance to serve.
 The other day we were waiting for the Branch leadership to show up out fonrt at the church, when a man came up to us. His name is Jose Ribomar. His church wasn´t open for some reason, so he wanted to see how our church was. We talked to him about his life and how he had been going to church for 5 years, dedicating his life to following Jesus. Funnily enough, he had received a Book of Mormon from a friend of his. He has been reading it for a month, and he´s up to Jacob 2. Someone in his church had said that the Book was garbage and that he should throw it away. He said that it tesifies of Jesus Christ and was inspired of God. The Bible testified of it and he believes that it´s true. The Lord basically dropped an elect in our laps. We talked to him some more an d we found out that he wants to be baptized. Now, he is on date for the end of this month, and hopefully the Spirit will prepare him for what he needs to do. This was one of the experiances on my mission that increased my faith. 
   Thanks for all your support and love. I love you.
Sincerly,
             Elder Jacob Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment