Monday, February 10, 2014

Elder Shepard 2-10-14

Sent: ‎2/‎10/‎2014 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: Elder Shepard

Dear Mom and Dad,
                                 Thank you. I know that God is on our side here in the mission.
Sila is very busy and he hasn´t had the chance yet. I think he wants to go, but has to plan and make sure nothing pops up to take him away on sunday. But he is doing wel and has felt that the plan of salvation and the doctrine of the church is true. We just have to help him know that the church was restored and that we have prophets today.
   That sounds pretty cold and a lot of snow. Here, it´s been raining pretty regularly. It leaves everything humid and still hot, though it´s cooler at night.
It´s cool to hear about Trey and Ashley. I hope they´re doing good. Here the activities with the youth are pretty big, but in this ward, they have been lacking on a few things for a while. Home teaching and the young men´s need a lot of help but it´s been going better then it was.
   I was born when you uys went to New York? Have you every been there in the first place? I think I remember a picture of you and Dad there. Man, Martha is really going places. I hope to get down to work and study once I get back. Although taxes and debt do seem pretty scary from a missionary standpoint. I´m trying to keep some stuff as a rememberance for everyone at home. I come back for Christmas with a present or two.
   Some missionaries were and also playing games on the cellphones. A lot of people have been transfered and many have had their cellphones taken away. The mission trainings lately have been about purifying yourself and following jesus Christ. We don´t do much other eat with some members and play card games. I miss everyone too. I hope everything is going great out there.
Love
      Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment