Monday, February 17, 2014

2-17-14

Dear Mom and Dad,
                            Thank you. I´ve been trying to get better in all aspects. At times, when we have a finished a task or when we have gotten better, we think all has been done. But we have to remeber we must do the same tomorrow, and add upon that little that we are doing. I have been working to master my thoughts and emotions, that I will not think bad of others, or of things not worthy of a missionary, and to keep always feelings of love and compassion. My teacher has progressed a lot, but something is always keeping him from going to church. We have found a new family that have accepted to be baptized on the first visit. Miracles are alive and well here on the mission. You can see them everyday. You just have to look. The man who bags your groceries or the person that lives across the street, is being prepared to receive the gospel. I could not deny this if I wanted too. Our willingness to open our mouth and sahre the gospel is a little miracle in the live of that person. Because they receive the chance of Eternal Life. We are the gate keepers of the Path of God. When we do our part, we open the door. Those that are looking for God will enter. But when we keep the gospel to ourselves, we shut the door. We close salvation to many that would have enjoyed the blessings of the true Church and they go wandering in the dark mists. It is wonderful to know that this duty is being magnified there as well as here in Brazil.
   I think it is a miracle that G-pa decided to be baptized before G-ma´s death. I´m so happy to know that he has taken on the work of God in the temple. ´When I get back, I think I´ll go the the temple at least once a month, if not more. Here it has been pouring. Yesterday, we got caught in the rain, but we decided to work still since we had an appointment still marked, and that family we taught accepted the challenge of baptism.
   I miss everyone a lot too. I think I´ll write an email to the ward. Thank you for your prays and love. A year has flown by and this one won´t stick around for long. I´ll do my best.
Love,
       Jacob xoxoxoxoxox(I supose I haven´t responded to all your little email hugs and kisses, here are a few)

No comments:

Post a Comment