Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear Mom and Dad 10-7-13

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jacob Shepard <jacob.shepard@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Dear Mom and Dad,
                                 For the missionaries, General conference is a battery charge for us with the Spirit. It was great to here from all the diverse Seventies and Apostles and the Prophet. We got to listen in english, but I saw some parts in Portugese. It´s not to hard to understand, but for me it´s better to hear it in my own language and have the spirit testify to me.
 
I know that Trey and Ashley can do a lot for themselves and can push through the problems that they have. I´ll write to him soon.
   We do have a fridge and we don´t do much on P-day since we live far from anything in the city, my companion likes to sleep and study alone on P-day and we are far from other missionaries too. We are also banned from soccer and no one has any basketballs. I´m good, but if you could send some American food of any kind, that would be nice. We eat rice and beans every day, and it´s really good sometimes but it´s a bit bland at times.
  Here in Brazil I think it´s dry and hot in Fall and Winter and hot and wetter in Summer and spring. they have a lot of Holidays that are based on the Catholic churh and Saints and they don´t have Thanksgiving here. They basically have everything else in one form or another. During carnival they have Youth trips to get away from the crazyness.
    We have found new people to teach here and many of the investigators we have are opening up now. I´ve run out of time but I love you all.
 Love
        Jacob


 

No comments:

Post a Comment