Monday, October 28, 2013

10-28-13

Dear Mom and Dad,

They do have Halloween here, but it´s no where as big as it is in the states. Here in the Northeast, they don´t really have the Money or time to do anything big, so they just sell more of the regular candy they have. The Branch here has a electric organ, and many of the members are musically talented, so every once in a while, we´ll here some nice music numbers. The Branch has about 90 people that regurally go to church, and about 30 of them are a part of Primary. There are some sisters here that know how to work magic here.
   Here on the mission we learn a lot about self mastery and doing our best to help others. Brazil is one the fastest baptizing missions, but it unfortunatly has a large problem with the Law of Chastity. In the church, I have seen such a large difference in families, men women and children. They have self respect wear modest clothing and take care of their children. I know that the Restored Gospel is a gift from God to the whole world, but it is the greatest thing I´ve seen here is the Kingdom of God working miarles in these peoples lives. It really has transformed some people and like my companion likes to say,"the gospel makes bad people good and good people better." I´m happy that I´ve been called to serve here in Brazil.
   I´ve performed about 2 baptism and given the Holy Ghost to 5 people. we almost give blessings daily here. I worked a lot more on Sundays in Camocim, but I´ve already given a talk and a lesson here in Parnaiba. The members and leadership are very organized so the missionaries can worry more about the investigators. I feel like the choir is going to miss you, because you relly helped us sing better, even though we were few,
   Brush and Shave every day, with showers in the morning and night. We do work out in the moring, but no for too long since time is short. It is very hot, but Parniaba is really windy, so it´s called the paradice of the mission. Terezina is the place I do not want to serve because It is the hottest place in the northeast, It´s about 80 degrees at night with humidity and 100 or more during the day. There are little markets near by but they don´t have much. But it all Works out in the end.
   That´´s really cool that everybody´s doing well. Could you send some pictues of everyone once in a while? Would i be better if I tried google hangout, intead of Skype?
  I love you both and I pray for you all daily.
                 Elder Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment