Sunday, May 26, 2013

Old Letter to Emily 5/26/13

From: Jacob Shepard <jacob.shepard@myldsmail.net>
Date: Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: Feliz Aniversário Elder Shepard!!!


Dearest Emily,
                      It's great to hear everything that is going on in your life. I think it's wonderful that John is growing up. It seems crazy to me that I've been in Priest River and Newport for 5 weeks. I have just gotten attached to the wards and getting progress on our investigators.  I have been out in this beautiful area that has mountains, rivers and lakes, trees and it is just breath taking when I was driving around. Thank you for your support and remembering to write or email, even though I've been somewhat lax in that department. As well as writing in my journal. When I come home, I'm usually tired and we are usually so busy on P-day that I have a hard time writing anything, except for emails. But that is just another excuse that I'm using, which reminds me of all the people who use excuses to not do what they need to. So I will do better and write to everyone more often. The last part of this week has been crazy since I got my visa last Wednesday and my flight to Brazil was delayed because of lack of 2 pilots. So right now I'm in Detroit, in a hotel writing. My flight was pushed back a full day so I won't be in Brazil until tomorrow. I've been learning so much in the field and I've learned how to teach simply and for understanding. And being out here has strengthened my mindset of teaching any and everyone. With so many people out here it makes me realize even more that they all are children of God. My love for the scriptures and everything like Article 13 states, in all that is of good worth. My Portugese needs a little polishing and there is so much that I need to learn, but I think I will be going straight to my area. I won't be going to the MTC since I spent all my training in Provo. But I'll still be learning from my first companion to my last. I think that I'll struggle for a little while, but the language will come soon enough. Thank you for the scripture, since it was my favorite in the MTC and memorized it. Added with Matthew's verse about, "unto the least of my brethern" I know that I am in the service of the Lord as the Book of Mosiah saysand that this is the most important work that is going out today other then the building of familys. I also love the Hymn, since it shows how much I need to stay diligent to save some wandering soul. I'll be skyping on Mother's day though I'm not sure what time. I love you and everyone in the States. Soon I'll be working with Brazilians. Love you so much.
Your Brother in the Service,
                                        Elder Shepard
Mosiah 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment