Monday, May 13, 2013

5/13/13

Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM

The weather here is Hot and humid. We already had the Skype confernce call, and thank you all for he love and support. The lady that picked up is named Matilde and she is married to an American. She was nice enough to let us use her computer for talk with everyone.  Elder Morris is from Utah originally, but lived in Seattle before. I will now be responding to all emails, though some might just tell you that I ran out of time on my hour to read and respond, and that´ll say more next week. Before the Terezina mission was formed, it was part of other missions. So when they split it up, the other missions took all of the good missionaries and sent ones that were less so. Camocim had some lazy missionaries before and was then closed down for about two years. Then some sister missionaries
opened it back up. The Members love the missionaries, but depend on them too much for some things; but won´t listen to us for others. But all in all, it is growing and expanding. The missionaries who have served here recently have worked a tone and Elder Morris and I are working everyday to find elect investigators and help the ward to function better. This last week I had an interview with the Mission President and I told him how Elder Morris and I are working to get another set of missionaries here in Camocim. We just got a call asking how much room we have in our apartment, so some time soon, this area will have more people to work with. I have only 4 weeks more with Elder Morris, but I hope that by the time he leaves, we will have people prepared to be baptized for the next missionaries.
All of my love, Sincerely, Your Son in the Service,
                                                                      Elder Shepard  

No comments:

Post a Comment