Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dear Dad 9-11-14

Dear Dad,
               It´s going good. I´m going to stay another transfer with Elder Amado. I´ve learned that the way I´m going to survive, work hard and help my companion get better, is to forgive him, look for the best in him and always remind him of what´s right without commanding him. We do study together, but I really have to mak the study as spiritual as possible or he loses interest. He works hard in the field but forgets that he´s a missionary at home and in the houses of members. I´m now a District Leader, so some of the trainiings I´ll give will maybe help.
   The minimum wage is between 1 to 2 dollars. The average brazilian wage might be 5,000 dollars per year. This being the average some what lower class worker. The majority of Brasil would be around this. The rich, or mid class people live in the big cities and seem really richer then the people we teach here. But the States seem to be really rich too. I´ll be culture shocked again when I go home and have carpet and air conditioning. 
   The interesting thing here on the mission is that nothing that we gain is worth much, unless we work hard for it. Even the miracles that come, without our direct intervention, is a blessing because of our diligence. the Secret to misionary work is Work! as President Benson said. This video that I have found here on the mission has helped me keep going through this refining fire called the mission.

 
I love you. The your the best Dad.
Jacob
 

No comments:

Post a Comment